Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In Memoriam : Michael Jackson

Man, what a strange, strange, summer.

I'm not going into a long narrative this week, as you've probably seen and heard enough over the last few days by much more skillful writers than myself.

Let me just run two things by you:

1) A performance by a young Michael Jackson and Roberta Flack on a song from "Free to Be You and Me" from the 70's. I'd never seen this before, but caught it in the mix of tributes on Sunday. If you watch the video and listen to the song, it's really, really poignant and sad, and would have been even before his death. I'm not gonna lie; I teared up just a bit.


2) I made a Michael Jackson cake for the Barnett Shoals Cake Fair in Fifth Grade. Sweet.

4 comments:

Ralph Dilliard said...

Nice cake. Did you and Webster have milk at Neverland that night to wash it down with Jacko? Couldn't help myself.

I seem to remember that MJ's head caught fire on my birthday. Way to steal my thunder. Showbiz Pizza was abuzz about it makin' it hard for a brotha to get tokens to get his Dragon's Lair on.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Gayle supervised you making a cake with MJ grabbing his crotch. Unless you enlarge the photo his jewels look like they are on fire.
BT

B. Mo said...

You dirty, dirty, woman.

Enlarge that pic and you will see his hand is on his HIP and he is pointing with his other hand.

I didn't know what a crotch was when I was 10

Anonymous said...

You're right - I am a dirty woman.

Here's another death in the music world this week - VIBE magazine